Leadership development is an opportunity for you to learn to lead and serve as Jesus did. Discover and develop your leadership skills as you nurture your relationship with God. Living in community gives you a chance to learn and grow alongside others.
Note: All LT programs require an application and interview before acceptance or payment.
Junior Leadership Training
Ages 15-16, Aug 10-25, 2017
A two week program that focuses on the heart and art of servant leadership and team ministry. You’ll live in and contribute to community while helping serve camp. Come and experience great sessions and mentoring, teambuilding activities and fantastic friends. Come and discover your leadership skills while working in the great outdoors!
Together, we will be helping out in activity areas around camp, discovering the Christian faith, sharing with one another, playing hard, developing and running a summer day camp and building strong relationships.
The JLT Program will run for two weeks, beginning with a multi-day team building backpack trip. The second week in 2017 will include the running of a day camp on site. Maintaining a reasonable level of fitness prior to coming is strongly encouraged.
[wpsm_comparison_table id=”10″ class=”center-table-align”]
Senior Leadership Training
Ages 16-17, Dates below
This four-week program focuses on team building, leadership development and camper care. It includes a two week training period and a two week practicum period, with a multi-day backpacking experience, co-cabin leading experience and opportunities to contribute to other areas of camp life. Participants will choose one of two SLT sessions. The training period for each session runs at the same time while the practicum periods run separately.
[wpsm_comparison_table id=”9″ class=”center-table-align”]
How to Apply for Leadership Training Programs
Junior Leadership Training:
- For JLT you must be 15 to 16 years of age as of Dec. 31, 2017 to be eligible to apply.
- JLT suggests the applicant to have some understanding of the Christian faith.
Senior Leadership Training:
- SLT requires the applicant to have some understanding of Christian life and to have an active relationship with Jesus Christ.
- For SLT you must be 16 to 17 years of age as of Dec. 31, 2017 to be eligible to apply.
Currently there is no online registration for LT Programs. Please follow these steps to apply:
- You must fill out a Leadership Program Application and send it to camp.
- You must get 3 people to fill out and send in Reference Forms to ‘Camp Squeah: Attn. LT Director’.
- You will be contacted for an interview.
PLEASE NOTE: Spaces are limited and acceptance into the program is not automatic. Interviews will begin in the spring of 2017 or earlier if an LT Director is in place by then. Payment is not received until you are acceptance into the program.