Assistant Cook Opportunity – Hope, BC, Canada
Squeah Camp & Retreat Centre has an opening for an Assistant Cook for the Fall OE seasons (end of June through to end of November). Working alongside the Head Chef and Food Services Manager, the Assistant Cook will cook, lead a shift team, and ensure all food service-related details and requirements are met.
This is a full-time, seasonal position with a minimum of 40 hours per week.
Assistant Cook Job Description
Main Objective: To provide food services in the Squeah kitchen.
• Lead kitchen shifts in the day to day operations of the kitchen
• Food preparation
• Cooking of meals
• Maintaining a clean work environment
• Effectively leading an organized shift in a busy environment
• Applying FoodSafe principles to ensure food safety
• Support with menu development or ideas, supporting Squeah’s on-going food service program
Duties include but not limited to:
• A knowledge of barbecue cooking
• A general understanding or a willingness to learn basic gardening
• Assist in new projects as they are implemented
General Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• A heart for serving, and a passion for food & cooking
• A strong knowledge and experience of cooking for and serving between 40-200 guests
• Minimum certification in FoodSafe level 1
• A knowledge of food allergies and dietary concerns is preferred
• An attitude of striving for excellence and continuous improvement
• An ability and willingness to learn and to nurture & impart knowledge to others
• Works alongside the Squeah Kitchen Leadership Team.
• Directly responsible to the Head Chef & Food Services Manager
To apply, contact Reid Nickerson, Food Services Manager
• Tel. (604) 869-5353 (x.103)
• Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Web site: www.squeah.com
Camp Squeah is a ministry of Mennonite Church British Columbia, located in the beautiful Dogwood Valley near Hope, BC, Canada. It is a childrens’ summer camp and outdoor education centre which is utilized by many organizations throughout the year for conferences and retreats. The diverse and very active summer camp program includes children’s camp sessions that range in duration from 3-6 days, backpacking trips, and junior and senior leadership training camps. Our summer camp program is developed and presented from an Anabaptist, Christian perspective. Care for our environment and a ‘challenge by choice’ philosophy for guests is applied to all program planning and activities. Our leadership programs encourage the development of skills from a servant leader perspective. Camp Squeah is a place for children, for students and teachers, for small and large groups. It is a place of renewal, learning, play and retreat.