We are planning our 2022 health and safety protocols based on our experience in 2021 together with the latest information and guidelines for summer camps in BC. Updates will be provided here as we approach the 2022 summer camp season.
Camp Squeah is a member of the BC Camps Association. Our summer program adheres to the accreditation standards of the BCCA, any applicable orders from the Provincial Health Office, and regulations from Work Safe BC. The BCCA works closely with the BC Center for Disease Control to ensure the guidelines for camps provide for a safe camp experience for all campers and staff.
Summary of Camp Squeah Practices
- Campers and staff are prohibited from attending camp while showing symptoms of illness
- Campers and staff are divided into household groups for many activities
- Households are consistent through the camp session to reduce the number of close contacts
- Outdoor activities and interactions are prioritized over those indoors
- All staff are trained on infection diseases and related policies and procedures
- Enhanced cleaning measures are utilized throughout and between camp sessions
- Food service and dining procedures follow best practices to limit gathering or crowding
- Frequent personal health practices are followed by staff and campers, including hand hygiene and respiratory etiquette
- Updated illness policies exist, including regular health checks, accurate record keeping, and flexible staff sick-leave
- Pre-camp communication is provided to all campers and parents on relevant policies, in addition to on-site instruction and signage
- Drop-off and pick-up procedures limit close contact with extended family units
- Camp Squeah encourages all eligible staff and campers to be vaccinated
Existing Guidelines for Overnight Camps
Camp Squeah Cancellation Policy
- In the event of a cancellation, the registration amount, less a $50 administration fee will be refunded. Cancellations within two weeks of the camp session start date are not eligible for a refund, except in situations of illness or injury. Full refunds will also be provided in the event Camp Squeah must cancel a camp session due to illness or outbreak.